Monday, October 12, 2015

Media Ethics Conference

This past Thursday I attended the "Ethics in Broadcast section of the Media Ethics Conference with Evan Anderson, and Keaton Fox as the panelists. They discussed what to expect in broadcast and what to do and what not to do in certain situations. There were plenty of situations that I think apply to blogging as well, like watching what you post on your personal social media site, which also leads into what part of the segment meant the most to me. I am very active on social media; Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook and I've caught myself multiple times posting things that I probably shouldn't post. With our career and position in society, we are seen as public figures in many instances and should act accordingly on social media sites. You never know who is following you and you never know who will take something that you said (that doesn't mean anything serious to you, serious. There really weren't any parts of the segment that I didn't find useful, the panelists were very helpful, answered my every question and also gave me advice and contact information for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment